Westview Heights Saskatoon Detached Homes for Sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Westview Heights Saskatoon; A brief history
Westview Heights is a suburban community in the Confederation Suburban Development Area (SDA) of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Originally named “Tuxedo Park” by real estate developers in 1912, the area remained undeveloped until the 1960s. The east half of Westview Heights is located on land annexed by the city in 1911, while the western half did not become part of Saskatoon until 1960.
The majority of development occurred in the 1970s and 1980s (although the neighbourhood, with the more-or-less current street layout, had appeared on city street maps as early as 1961). The neighbourhood was finally completed in the late 1990s. Located in what was at the time the northwest corner of the city, the neighbourhood was on the city’s western edge, giving its residents a true “West view”. Unlike its Eastview counterpart, all street names don’t begin with the word “West”. The population of Westview Heights was 3,441 in 2006.
The Westview Heights neighbourhood is bounded to the north by 37th Street, Circle Drive on the east and Junor Avenue on the west and 33rd Street to the south. en.wikipedia.org · Text under CC-BY-SA license