Pleasant Hill Saskatoon Townhouses and Condos for Sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Thinking of a Detached home in Pleasant Hill?
Pleasant Hill Saskatoon; A brief history
Pleasant Hill is a neighbourhood of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. The Governments are undertaking a major re-vitalization project of Pleasant Hill. $3.5 million is being invested in the business, and residential areas as well as in St. Mary’s School. Together the Saskatoon Urban Renewal Project, the provincial government and the Western Economic Diversification project of the federal Government will result in neighbourhood overhauls. 29 lots zoned for business along 20th Street will be levelled and modern commercial upgrades put into place. Selected lots along Avenue N and Avenue O zoned as residential will be demolished to make way for affordable and decent homes. St. Mary’s School will receive major renovations or replacement, possibly even a new community centre.
The first name of the hill of this area was called Willoughby Hill. From 1884 to 1890, Dr. J.H.C. Wiloughby was Saskatoon’s first post master and first physician on the east side of the River until after providing medical assistance to Middleton’s troops during the Riel Rebellion (Revolution). From 1885 to 1900 he departed to Regina. John Henry C. returned with his wife (Miss Hilliard) and homesteaded at Willoughby Hill. His homestead was Section 30 Township 36 Range 5 West of the 3rd Meridian, and his home was located at the present location of St. Paul’s Hospital. Being that he was a physician, his home was one of the first hospitals of the City of Saskatoon.
In 1903 he helped to establish the first telephone in the area. He also became one of Saskatoon’s first city councillors from 1907–1908. The boundaries of the Pleasant Hill community used to extend west of Avenue W to Circle Drive, but in the early 1990s the City of Saskatoon redrew many of its neighbourhood boundaries; as a result, the section west of Avenue W was renamed Meadowgreen.en.wikipedia.org · Text under CC-BY-SA license