Avalon Saskatoon Townhouses and Condos for Sale
The Saskatoon Region Association of REALTORS® (SRAR) IDX Reciprocity listings are displayed in accordance with SRAR's MLS® Data Access Agreement and are copyright of the Saskatoon Region Association of REALTORS®. The above information is from sources deemed reliable but should not be relied upon without independent verification. The information presented here is for general interest only, no guarantees apply. The data provided must only be used by consumers for the purpose of listing and purchasing real estate and may not be used for any commercial purpose. IDX websites do not provide full access to the MLS® System or the data therein. Third party subscriber: iHomefinder, Inc. MLS® System data of the Saskatoon Region Association of REALTORS® displayed on this site is refreshed at least once every 12 hours. Last update time is shown below.
Thinking of a Detached home in in Avalon?
Avalon Saskatoon; A brief history
Avalon Saskatoon is a primarily residential neighborhood situated in the south-central area of Saskatoon. It is a Saskatoon neighborhood composed mainly of low-density, detached homes. The location is home to 3,389 residents. The neighborhood median personal income is $90,463.00, a typical home value of $334,746.00 and a home ownership of 78.8%.
Avalon is located within the Nutana Suburban Development Area. It is bounded by Ruth Street to the north, Circle Drive to the south, Idylwyld Drive to west, and Clarence Avenue to the east.
The majority of the land for the neighbourhood was annexed by the city in between 1910 and 1919, with the continuing to be southern piece annexed in between 1960 and 1969. A 1913 map shows that the present-day Avalon area overlaps three registered subdivisions of the day: Avalon in the northwest, Pacific Addition in the east as well as railway stockyards in the south. Residential construction, nonetheless, did not start in earnest until after the second world war.
The design of the streets reflects the city planning ideologies of the day as the area was established. The north part of the neighbourhood adheres to a traditional grid pattern. By the 1950s, the style of household neighbourhoods made use of a modern-day system of curving residential streets, feeding right into collection agency roadways that connected to arterial roads. Thus, the southerly part of the area follows this layout practice.
John Lake School was opened in 1958 and Georges Vanier School was opened that same year, and also refurbished in 1963.